Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Launching

A little over two years ago I volunteered to do some behind the scenes work on an organization's website. My job of keeping a database current takes me somewhere between 15 and 45 minutes a month, and then I forward the files to someone else for uploading. We've been a good team. However, I found out a several weeks ago that the other person is moving away. She asked if I would be willing to take on both parts of the job until the end of the year. After some thought I said yes.

In the middle of all of this I found out that because the current website wasn't playing well with some older software we use a third member of the organization was developing a new site from the ground up. It's been fascinating to sit on the sidelines and watch things take shape. I've been able to add bits and pieces (mainly to 'pretty' the site up), and I've learned how to add information forwarded to me by other group members.

This weekend is the big changeover from the old site to the new one. I've already been advised that (with a lot of assistance) I'll be the one clicking the buttons to make it happen. I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time.


Five years ago today: Offer Without Obligation


4 comments: