Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Disremember

This morning at the mall Customer Service desk I was assisting a woman who'd asked for an electric scooter.  I was chatting with her as I left the desk to get the scooter from the storage area when a second woman pushed in and asked me where a store was.

Even though she'd been rude I didn't want to stoop to her level, and I told her I'd be with her in just a minute as I continued to the storage area.  That wasn't what she wanted to hear, though.  In an even more demanding tone she repeated her question.

After almost three years at the mall I know the layout like the back of my hand, but I was so taken aback by her attitude that I had to stop and think.  I pointed her in the direction of Macy's and she went on her way.  It wasn't until I was driving the scooter to the original customer that I realized I'd made a mistake.  Bossy Woman had asked for a store on the second level.  I'd sent her towards a store on the first floor that has a similar-sounding name.

I halfway expected her to come back and complain, but she never did.

Five years ago today: News On The Run (Updated)

4 comments:

  1. I think of it as karma, although I'm sure there's a psychological name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you rarely make that kind of mistake Kathy. Karma indeed.

    ReplyDelete