Saturday, September 14, 2024

Sudsy Swag

Several months ago Hubby Tony and I ate dinner at a pizza restaurant across town. I really liked the food, so I filled out a card to get on their customer list. At this place my marketing list birthday was in September.

The other day I received an email from the restaurant. Every other restaurant birthday offer I've received in my inbox has been for a menu item. This one was for a pitcher of beer.

I'm not inclined to drive across town to take advantage of a coupon for a pitcher of beer, but the more I thought about the promotion the more clever it seemed.

The people that don't drink, or would prefer another alcoholic beverage, won't show up to redeem it but the restaurant can still claim they offered something. The beer drinkers will show up, claim their pitcher, and probably order food to go with it. The restaurant will recoup more than the cost of the beer. Either way the restaurant wins.

Five years ago: Flies Be Gone!

20 comments:

  1. I'm always getting emails from Longhorn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea where the closest Longhorn is to me! We're Texas Roadhouse people.

      Delete
    2. Sunset Hills right in front of Bass Pro Shop.

      Delete
    3. I don't get south of Watson much, but I'll have to remember to look for it.

      Delete
  2. It’s great that you enjoyed your meal at the pizza restaurant and signed up for their customer list! Receiving a birthday offer for a pitcher of beer instead of a menu item is definitely a fun and unexpected twist. It sounds like a nice way to celebrate your special day, especially if you enjoy a good beer with your pizza!

    Wishing you a lovely weekend. You are invited to read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/sighthill-neighbourhood-glasgow.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. Much thought has gone into the offer as a way of getting more revenue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that restaurants operate on very thin margins.

      Delete
  4. But are you 21? That's the other catch! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently I was in Sam's Club and had to show my ID to get a sample of an alcoholic beverage. The demonstrator said the rules said she had to see everyone's :-)

      Delete
  5. I rarely drink, but I'd be over there!!!! Sure I'd get some food to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta have something to help the beer go down, right?

      Delete
  6. The deals are never really deals. The business always make money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was going to buy something anyway I look at it as a win-win.

      Delete
  7. We have a local BBQ restaurant and they place a yellow paper in the newspaper, once a month, offering buy one plate get the second plate is half price Of course, they always do well, because families usually come and eat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people end up getting some type of extra to go along with their deal.

      Delete
  8. Interesting and clever idea! So many people don't drink beer . It seems odd that they offer it but you may be on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the only birthday freebie we go out for now is Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A free Starbucks drink is worth planning a day around!

      Delete