Thursday, September 19, 2024

Be Back On Sunday

By the time you read this I will have left for a weekend retreat organized by a group of women from my church. The event officially starts tonight, but the organizing team gets there early to set up. (Last year, you may remember I tried to do the same thing, but ended up being exposed to COVID and backing out at the last minute.) 

We've been planning the retreat since July, but this past week has been a flurry of last-minute activities for me. One of those activities was packing. By the time I was ready to load the car one corner of my bedroom was filled with multiple piles of things to take-clothes appropriate for this weekend's warm weather and cover up options in case the conference room or bedroom is chilly, snacks for the snack room and paperwork for some of the activities, and just-in-case items like a flashlight.

It will be a real accomplishment if I didn't forget anything!

3 comments: