Thursday, June 20, 2024

Before They Were Famous

This long-ago photo of two future sports stars has been making the rounds on my Facebook wall. Both future sports stars went to a local school, Chaminade College Prep.

(If you follow professional sports in the United States or Canada, you probably know that the Florida Panthers are part of the National Hockey League, and the Boston Celtics are a National Basketball Association team. Boston won their league championship two days ago. The Panthers have a one game lead in their 7-game series.)

Five years ago today: Sounds Like A Pretty Impressive Place

20 comments:

  1. Yay for those kids! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They do, don't they? No bulging muscles or tats.

      Delete
  3. So interesting. Looks like their friendship started long ago and both on the same path!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suspect their interest in sports led to the bonding.

      Delete
  4. St. Louis does have a lot of great athletes that call it home. I remember watching Matthew's dad play for the Blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hockey seems to be generational, so I wonder if Matthew has children they will pick up the sport.

      Delete
  5. I don’t know if them but happy for their good success. Nice photo of them as children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, can't cheer for Tkachuk. GO OILERS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you shared, I hadn't seen this picture. As a Bostonian, I'm so excited for the Celtics. The duck boat parade was today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to comment on Elephant's Child's blog and had the same problem. She is saying download Firefox and use it to comment. Looks like it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my experience, it will work until it doesn't :-)

      Delete