Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sounds Like A Pretty Impressive Place

I was laying in bed half awake when my phone rang and woke me up the rest of the way. I didn't recognize the number, so instead of answering it I muted the ringer and went back to bed. When I eventually got up there was a voice mail waiting for me.

The voice mail was from an animal hospital in a time zone to the east of me (which explains why the call came in so early). The message started off with the name of the hospital and an instruction not to be alarmed, but they needed to ask a question about "Georgie", a pet who was there to be neutered. Immediately I realized that they had called my number by mistake, because I definitely had not dropped off a pet to be neutered.

I decided to call them back to let them know they hadn't reached the official pet owner. When the associate answered the phone she asked if I could hold for a minute. I agreed. The on-hold script featured a voice actor with a deep, smooth voice. He talked about the hospital's commitment to providing an environment where animals feels comfortable and safe, that they follow Canine and Feline Behavior Management Guidelines, have separate dog and cat entrances and waiting areas, pipe relaxing spa music into the rooms, use aromatherapy to reduce stress, and offer up-to-date pain management methods (with pre-operative, mid-operation, and post-operative pain killers).

I'm not sure, but I think that the pets that are lucky enough to go to this hospital get more compassionate care than some humans do.

Five years ago today: Just Another One Of The Crowd

8 comments:

  1. That was nice of you, they should be careful with calling those numbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. What if they had called someone who used the information for a bad purpose?

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you called them about the wrong number! My granddaughters and I volunteer at the local animal shelter... I agree, seems some vets/shelters (ours included) care for our furry friends better than some human places/doctors do! Bless you, Kathy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the shoe had been on the other foot and I was the animal owner, I would have appreciated someone telling the vet they hadn't left the information with the right person.

      Delete
  3. Imagine ... if you had said, "I don't want Georgie neutered. He is there for artificial insemination."

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! My brain couldn't have composed a response like that before my first cup of coffee...which hadn't happened yet.

      Delete
  4. It's great that you let them know. And it does sound like a great place to take your pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I bet its expensive too!

    ReplyDelete