Thursday, May 2, 2024

Yet Another Reason Why I Like Condo Living

Yesterday Hubby Tony and I noticed some large bees lazily buzzing around outside my office window. This morning I was putting my suit and towel out on the deck to dry after a water class at the gym. I looked up, noticed a series of holes in the wood window header, and realized we probably had carpenter bees. 

But instead of quarterbacking the problem like we would have if we were homeowners, all I had to do is snap a photo and send it off to the condo management office. They responded, saying they would have a pest control company look into it. 

Just like that the issue was out of our court.

Five years ago:John Wayne's Five Rules to Remember in Life

14 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm jealous. Not that you have bees but condo living. I wanted condo living, my husband wanted land. I lost😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while I miss digging in the dirt, but solve the problem by pulling weeds in the common ground.

      Delete
  2. That is a big plus about condo living. I still enjoy living in my house where we raised our children but it involves plenty of maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house had gotten way too big for two people, and there were way too many projects.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to have someone else handle issues like that! I hope the carpenter bees problem is gone soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I've heard that they can cause real damage to the wood.

      Delete
  4. There are benefits for sure! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that issue will be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Satisfying to pass that problem on, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to keep an eye out for those little suckers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are lots of folks that love condos for that same thing. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should keep an eye on them and have some anti-spray to take care of them. Don't rely on the management as it's usually too little and too late.

    ReplyDelete