Monday, October 16, 2023

It Was Worth A Try

When I woke up this morning I felt fine. Mid-morning I developed an annoying headache that wouldn't go away, with pressure radiating through my forehead, eyes, and cheeks. I tried ibuprofen, allergy medicine, and another cup of coffee. No luck. Four hours later I repeated the OTC medicines. Still no results. I wasn't at home, so I didn't have access to anything else. 

I walked by a store that sold essential oils, popped in, and sampled a blend that purported to relieve headache symptoms. It didn't work. A block later I saw a cannabis store. I have never been in any type of dispensary but I was desperate enough to stop in and see if they had anything that could help.

The friendly young clerk said there wasn't; the only thing they could suggest would be a honey stick that contained CBD. I learned that there was no solid research that it would work, but in their opinion it wouldn't hurt to try. That opinion might have been biased but I agreed with the assessment. 

My Colorado Hemp Honey stick was only $3. It tasted just like honey. It gave me a bit of a sugar rush but didn't do much else. At this point I can only I wake up tomorrow headache free.

Five years ago: Free To A Good Home

16 comments:

  1. Three or four shots of whiskey. Be close to the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And wake up with a different type of headache tomorrow morning :-)

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon Kathy -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your headache disappears overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's awful, especially when nothing works. It's good you woke up without a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get headaches unless I have a temperature. Do you have a temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a miserable feeling having a headache. Sorry your search for relief didn't work. I thought for sure you would say the honey stick worked. Sometimes a tall glass of room temperature water can help. Hope the next day was headache free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you made it through the day, Kathy, and in and out of stores too. I think I would have gone home, closed the shades and tried to sleep. Hope you're better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Monday the headache's come and gone. Guess it's allergy-related?

      Delete
  8. For me those stubborn headaches go away, after I have a coke. Fortunately I don't get headaches too often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get a lot of headaches either. I guess that's what made this one so obnoxious.

      Delete