Thursday, February 23, 2023

Good For Everyone

Hubby Tony and I joined the YMCA just in time for their Annual Campaign, which raises funds for scholarships and projects. The solicitation has been nicely low-key-- information posted in the common areas, volunteers standing in the lobby asking if we would like to donate, an opportunity to take a special Zumba class with the suggested donation going to the campaign, and flyers advertising the upcoming rubber duck race taking place in the pool (followed by a display of rubber ducks on the registration desk).

Last week's activity was an online auction. The items were a mixture of things and experiences. I registered and put bids on a couple things that interested me. The online system had a feature that sent me a text when someone topped my bid. I knew what the maximum amount I would pay for each item, so I would either ignore the text or submit a higher offer.  

When the auction ended I found out I had won one item, a collection of Starbucks bean coffee and two cups (one regular, one thermal). Today I picked it up.

 I got a deal, paying approximately half the retail price.The Y got money for their programs. Win-win.

Five years ago today: An Early Sign Of Spring

10 comments:

  1. This reminds me. I have to see if my pre-pandemic Renew Active Y cards are still good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win/win and a great haul you brought home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee and would be thrilled to win some quality beans! My son worked at Caribou Coffee years ago and would get the best coffee for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having someone bring you good coffee beans/grounds has got to be awesome.

      Delete