Monday, February 13, 2023

A Thirty-Second Fix

Yesterday I was getting ready to go to work and slipped on a pair of black shoes. I've had the shoes for several years and never had any problems with them, but now I noticed they squeaked when I walked.

I didn't have time to do anything about the problem, so I spent the morning walking around with noisy shoes. 

When I got home the first thing I did was shake those shoes off into a corner by the closet. I told myself I wouldn't wear the pair again anytime soon. An hour later I had to leave again to meet a friend. I was running late, and the quickest thing to do was to put on those black shoes.

My friend and I had a nice long chat, and I returned home mentally refreshed. 

This time I swapped out my nice jeans for wear around the house jeans, took off my shoes, and put on a pair of slippers. I played with Jackson the Cat and we took a nap on the bed together. The nap was supposed to be short, but I overslept and had to scramble to get ready to leave for a Super Bowl party. For the third time in the day the problematic black shoes were the easiest option. I had a couple of spare minutes, so I Googled How to fix squeaking shoes.

On the first hit I learned that if the shoes had removable insoles (mine did) I could take them out, sprinkle baby powder on the shoe bed, and reinsert the insole. It worked! Five years ago: Fat Valentine's Day

12 comments: