Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Vanity Egotism

It's been a long time since I've ran my name through Google to see what's out there, but thanks to tonight's search I can say that:

  • On Facebook there are five other people with my name.
  • LinkedIn had nine profiles for people who spelled their first name exactly the same as mine. If you add alternate spellings (Cathy, Cathie, Kathie) there were six more. Include variations on Katie and the number doubled.
  • A Kathy who isn't me has 'my' name on Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr (and as far as I can tell they are not the same person.)
  • The same photographer with my name who I found back in 2008 still has an online presence, but she didn't show up until the third page of hits.

If I'm even around to check in another 14 years I wonder how many other changes there would be?

Five years ago today: Travel, Trips, And Tours

15 comments:

  1. There are six people in the St. Louis area with the same name as me. If you go world wide I disappear into the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I assume those six people are all related to you.

      Delete
  2. On Facebook there are two Bettina Groh 's in Germany... and that's it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is one other person with my name in the world, and I can't remember where she is! It's fun to Google your name but there is a lot more information about me that I care to be on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time I found one piece of information that should be scrubbed (a set of minutes from a group I belong to), and sent a message to the group's website coordinator letting them know.

      Delete
  4. Too funny! I'm the only one with my name now. The funny thing is that my husband's sister's name used to be the same until she got married and I took it over. LOL! We're both Kays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that your sister-in-law had the same first name as you. What are the chances?

      Delete
  5. Are you talking about first and last name combined? I found an elderly woman in France with the same first and last name as me. (Only one in the world so far). I sent her a friend request and she blocked me 😢 ~Akasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case I used both first and last name. Interesting that your name twin wasn't interested in contact.

      Delete
  6. There are so many people called Anonymous.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never done this Google search of my actual first and last Name, which I never use Online. So, I was intrigued at what would pop up now. Holy Hell, one Woman was Murdered by her Boyfriend in 2020 who had my exact Name... I Wonder now how many people I actually know/knew thought that might be me, or that I'd lost The Man and had a Boyfriend in 2020? *Bwahahaha*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You win the prize for the most interesting story today.

      Delete