Friday, December 23, 2022

Tannenbaum Times Two

Hubby Tony and I had talked about getting a new artificial tree this year, but when I had to quarantine right after Thanksgiving I figured the task wouldn't get done this year. However, Tony took on the job of finding just the right model. The one he came home with is the perfect height and width. It has three options for lights-white, colored, and fading back and forth between the other two. I'm not a big fan of the last alternative, so each night we decide what we want the corner of the living room to look like.

I thought I had heard every Christmas song out there, but the one piped in at Macy's this afternoon was new to me. I liked it.

Five years ago today: I Love You. Do You Love Me?

14 comments:

  1. Lovely new tree! 3 lighting options wow. White for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how nice it would be to have options until it WAS an option :-)

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty tree. I like how it's slender and tall, so the base doesn't take up a lot of floor space. Stay healthy! Have a peaceful Christmas. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slender was one of the most important requirements.

      Delete
  3. I've not heard that song either. Nat King Cole sang it, must be old enough. Strange to have not heard it before. I think I would like the colored lights on the tree best. White only seems cold to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it's strange that an older song like that isn't more popular.

      I would have told you that I didn't like white lights, but I do.

      Delete
  4. We've had an artificial tree for years. And we don't bother putting it up anymore. We have a little 3 foot one that's just right for our spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works for your family is what works.

      Delete
  5. What a fun Christmas song! Have a wonderful, Christmas celebration, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Husband would never take that risk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before he left the house we measured the area we wanted the tree to go in and talked about the size. I also swore that I would be good with whatever he brought home.

      Delete
  7. I love that your husband took on the responsibility himself, and just how well he did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the shoe had been on the other foot I would have wanted him to weigh in on my final choice.

      Delete