Tuesday, July 5, 2022

More Heat Wave Walking

It's July in St. Louis, which means lots of heat and humidity. For the next two days the National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning, which means that the heat index temperature (the combination of actual temperature and humidity) will be 105°F or higher and the nighttime temperature will not drop below 75°F. Even first thing in the morning it is oppressively hot, so once again Hubby Tony and I have taken our walking indoors. Along the way I've found a collection of items that caught my fancy.
  • The mall closest to my house has a kiosk store called Love Sac, but when I walked by I saw the name was missing a letter. However, the missing-letter phrase summarizes my relationship with my air conditioner right now. I do love my a/c.

  •   A second mall I was at has multiple empty spaces. However, casually walking by you might not notice because they've covered the empty windows with fake vinyl storefronts. Like this:
And this:
  • One of our local grocery store chains (Schnucks) is partnering with Folds of Honor, a nonprofit that  provide scholarships for the families of fallen and disabled service members. These green gummi army guys were part of a display. I'm not a big fan of gummi products, but even if I was I don't know if I could bite into one of these.

Five years ago: Ketchikan (The Great Pacific Northwest Adventure of 2017)

17 comments:

  1. Seems we walk indoors in winter and summer, too bad it's like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As fast as the time is going it seems like it was just intensely cold!

      Delete
  2. That is way too hot. I love the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gummies would be a big hit with many of my military friends. I wish I could find them locally. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if any of the nationwide stores have them in stock to ship?

      Delete
  4. Those store front wraps are much better than the abandoned stores that fell one by one in Crestwood Mall. Gummy army guys? That is unique. It is too hot to walk outdoors, but at least you are getting exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched Crestwood Plaza and Chesterfield Mall dwindle down to nothing.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Linda. The wraps are much better than an empty store front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even better than displaying merchandise that you can buy at other stores in the mall.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a nice shopping centre.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting they put the pictures in the empy store front windows. At our malls their either blank or papered over with plain brown paper. I'm not sure I could bite into a gummy army guy either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also seen the windows painted over from the inside.

      Delete
  8. That's a great idea, the fake storefronts. They're pretty too. That is incredible heat, plus the humidity, don't think I could take it, but we would like a bit of heat here. It poured yesterday and there have bee showers today too but its finally made it to 70 degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be great if I could send you some of the heat so we could both relax in nice 80 degree temperatures?

      Delete
  9. I think I'd be pretty disappointed if I saw a store that looked interesting, then as I got closer realized that it's just a fake storefront.
    And yeah, broiling hot here too, I miss the East Coast (and all of the beaches) the most in the summer.

    ReplyDelete