Tuesday, July 19, 2022

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Not Barbara

Three old ladies are sitting around a table playing bridge and bragging about their sons. “My Freddie,” said Margaret. “Everyone should be so lucky to have a son like my Freddie. Once a week he brings me a huge bouquet of flowers. He’s constantly taking me out to restaurants to eat, and if I so much as hint that I want something the next morning it’s on my doorstep.” 

“That’s very nice about your Freddie,” says Gertrude. “But with all due respect, when I think about the way my Sammy takes care of me, it just can’t compare. Every morning as soon as I wake up he greets me with bacon and freshly brewed coffee. Every lunch he comes over and cooks me a gourmet lunch, and every supper he brings me to his house for supper. He truly treats me like a queen.” 

“WELL!” Says Barbara. “I don’t want to make any of you feel bad or anything, but wait until you hear about my Harry. Twice a week he pays someone $200 an hour just so he can lie on their couch and talk to them. Who do you think he talks about at those prices?" asks Barbara with a big smile, “I’ll tell you who he speaks about! ALL HE SPEAKS ABOUT IS ME!” 

Five years ago today: Worth Getting In The Car

9 comments:

  1. Freddie and Sammy are doomed. Good luck to Harry on breaking all the way free. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people, (women), are never satisfied. Every morning I go downstairs and then up again and get my wife a cup of tea in my pajamas. Is she grateful, and does she tell everyone about it?

    NO ... she says she prefers it in a cup.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think that tea in a cup would make it much easier to add cream and sugar, should you desire them.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm... I'm not any of those women.

    ReplyDelete