Sunday, July 31, 2022

Aggregator Aggravation

I've been using Feedly (an aggregator application which compiles the feeds of blogs I've subscribed to)  since Google Reader went away in 2013. Every morning I open up the app and all the new posts are waiting for me in the Today tab. 

At least they were until a couple of days ago, when I realized I hadn't seen content for several bloggers who post every day. I checked to see if I had accidentally deleted those blogs, but they were still in my list of subscriptions. The site's help section didn't give me any clues, and neither did a Google search for the issue.

Now the only way to find new content is to click on each of the more than 100 blogs I've subscribed to, then click through to the actual blog, which is laborious and time-consuming. 

I'm confident I'll eventually find a solution, but it might be a while, because this week I have very little free time.

Five years ago today: A Do Nothing Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I've never used a reader. I've always used "My Blog List" that's on my sidebar to know when a new post is up. I have it set up so that when someone posts, it goes to the top of the list. Does it always work? Nope. Sometimes new posts don't show up for hours so they show up further down the list depending on how many new posts there are. Blogger and WordPress work with the list. And even Stu figured out to make his blog work on the list.
    And as I sit her in front of my two 27 inch screens, I just assume everyone has this much territory to work with. If you're using a cell phone, I think you can scroll sideways to see other parts of the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I think I subscribe to too many blogs to put them all in my List.

      Delete
  2. It seems a blogger had the same problem on my feed it might be blogger

    ReplyDelete