Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Cup Of Joe

I got multiple emails reminding me that it was National Coffee Day in the United States and Canada. 

Both Starbucks and Panera invited me to stop by for a free cup. The internet told me I could do the same thing at Krispy Kreme, but would have to make some type of purchase in order not to pay for my coffee at Dunkin'. 

As tempting as the deals were, I wasn't motivated to go stand in a line to save a couple of dollars. I also chose not to take advantage of the discount that Mobil on the Run, a local gas station, was offering after the St. Louis Cardinals scored more than six runs in their game last night

Instead, I drank home-brewed coffee twice-for breakfast and with my afternoon snack. The fresh pot of Kirkland brand dark roast Colombian we get from Costco is always good....and usually easier.
 
Five years ago today: Peppermint Patty In A Cup

11 comments:

  1. I am tempted to get the free coffee but you are right,those lines for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think somewhere i read Kirkland's brand is used at Starbucks. What a joke on folks! Hope you have agreat day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Starbucks roasts some of the bean coffee they sell under the Kirkland label.

      Delete
  3. National Coffee Day? I'm for. I love coffee. The coffee of my choice is Nescafe Red Mug. It's imported from Spain.
    When I was younger, I used to drink black, turkish coffee. Too strong for me, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Turkish, as well as Bosnian, coffee a couple of times and I agree that it's really strong.

      Delete
  4. I like you would love enjoy my coffee at home dear Kathy and piece of cake would be the great addition :)

    ReplyDelete