Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Cream Of The Crop Coasters

When Hubby Tony and I got married 41 years ago we got quite a few presents. Not many of them are still around, but this set of crocheted coasters still is.

They are the greatest coasters ever. No matter how much condensation is on a cup they absorb all the moisture, and when they get dirty I just send them through the laundry.

Not only are the coasters useful, they can also be fun. Back when Sons Brian and Donald were still living at home they would throw them at each other like Frisbees. When there was nothing available to put my drink on I would have to search under the furniture until I found a coaster. 

Unfortunately I have forgotten who the coasters came from. I would love tell them how much I'm still enjoying their thoughtfulness. 

Five years ago: Four Weeks And Counting

8 comments:

  1. We have some wedding gifts that haven't been used in 45 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like a set like that, I hate when glasses stick to some of them due to moisture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you know anyone who crochets I think you can still find similar patterns online.

      Delete
  3. I have a couple of things my grandmother crocheted.

    ReplyDelete