Wednesday, May 12, 2021

It Doesn't Take Much To Entertain Me

Today I was mailing a package at the post office. That's normally a pretty mundane errand, but this time proved to be quite interesting. Mainly because the clerk had the longest fingernails I have ever seen.

The nails looked to be about three inches long. They were decorated in a pink/ecru/black theme, but each nail was unique. Some had glitter on them. Some had an ombré pattern. The middle finger on each hand had a small crystal glued to the base.

It looked like this clerk had lots of practice working with her 'talons'. She had no problem picking up my box and placing in on the scale. When she typed in the mailing address, she used the tips of her nails instead of her finger pads. She expertly applied the postage sticker on with her fingertips, then smoothed it down with the side of her index finger nail. And last but not least, at the end of the transaction she held out my receipt with her thumb and index nails.

Five years ago today: My Brain Is Always Lit Up With New Ideas. Who Knew?

17 comments:

  1. I don't understand super long finger nails. But each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many questions! (Better leave it at that. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seeing more women with those long nails...which would definitely get in my way! Each to her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow pop culture at all, but I wonder if that's part of the influence.

      Delete
  4. OMG! I wouldn't have been able to keep my eyes off of that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! I can't begin to imagine how she manages with the rest of daily life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails are barely above my fingertips and I'm forever getting food stuck under there when I cook. And I don't even want to THINK about grooming issues!

      Delete
  6. I've seen women with super long nails and couldn't figure how they get things done. Can you imagine clipping on a bra? Or cooking? Wow!

    ReplyDelete