Tuesday, December 29, 2020

It's All About The Fizz

I think that sparkling water is a nice change from what comes from the tap. However, to have it in the house I have to remember to get it on the grocery list (or make a special trip when I forget), and a lot of times it's not worth the extra effort.

When Hubby Tony and I were in Dallas back in October, Son Tony offered us carbonated water from his Sodastream machine. It took less than a minute to insert the special bottle filled with cold water and hold down the button on top to release carbon dioxide from the cylinder inside the machine. He told us about the drops that were available to flavor the water, but we all decided they weren't necessary. It was good plain or with a twist of citrus.

This year, instead of a traditional Christmas gift exchange we decided to draw names by family units, and give a 'household' type of gift. Tony and I were both excited to receive a Fizzi model Sodastream.

The Fizzi is the least sophisticated model, but it works just fine for us. It's cordless, and doesn't take up much room on the countertop. You can carbonate one liter of water at a time, which is just enough for us at dinner. (However, I can see wanting more when the weather heats up again, and I can always invest in some extra bottles.)

According to the website, the carbonating cylinder will make up to 60 liters of sparkling water. When it runs out we will have the option of buying a new one at one of several stores or exchanging it through the mail.  All very easy.

Five years ago today: Wanna Escape?

16 comments:

  1. My daughter has one, it saves a lot of chugging bottles home and disposing of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of making my own. I buy a 6 pack of small Pelligrino bottles. One bottle is perfect for a mixed drink or, the real reason I keep it on hand, to make a batch of biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of using carbonation in biscuit dough. It must make a big difference.

      Delete
  3. I love La Croix soda water. It has no ingredients except for carbonated (fizzy) water and natural flavors. My favorites are Tangerine and Lime. It's so crisp tasting. I hope you love your Fizzi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like La Croix, too. This evening I squeezed a piece of lemon into my water. It was pretty much the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Good work! I don't like fizzy drinks, so it's not for me, but I'm glad you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I researched this after reading your post yesterday. My birthday is coming up in January. I'm going to hint loudly to my kids. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I don't drink carbonated drinks, so no on my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't drink carbonated drinks either, (unless it's champagne) because my dentist told me they are so bad for teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had a Sodastream for quite a while now and absolutely love it. I just read LL Cool Joe's comment. What? It's bad for your teeth. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just looked it up and found this:
    https://health.usnews.com/wellness/health-buzz/articles/2017-03-30/sparkling-water-is-safe-for-your-teeth-dentist-says

    ReplyDelete