Monday, August 24, 2020

My Kind Of Meeting!

One of my acquaintances is in charge of assigning people to breakout groups at an upcoming convention. Tonight I received an email from him with an invitation to a FAKE Zoom meeting THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.



As with other Zoom invitations I've received this one had a link to register. The registration form wanted to know my name and email address, then asked me to answer four questions by choosing one of three answers from each drop-down list. The questions were:
  • Which Gene Tierney film would you like to see?
  • Which Barbara Stanwyck film would you like to see?
  • Which Humphrey Bogart film would you like to see?
  • Which Alfred Hitchcock film would you like to see?
The email told me that after I registered I would not receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting, and wouldn't have to do anything else.

Five years ago today: Vacay 2015--Another Day, Another City, Another Country.

11 comments:

  1. LOL! Best meeting ever! Good questions, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to ask the person next time I see him if he is really a classic film buff.

      Delete
  2. I don't know who sent that to you but I do love a friend with a sense of humor, especially these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have read this post therefore I shall not comment on it. It is a fake post that has not been written so no one has really read it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you reply to my comment or am I imagining you replied to my comment? Did I comment in the first place? This is getting rather confusing.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. I agree. Let's both go take a nap.

      Delete
  4. Ha! I saw some university maybe in Germany was offering small grants. To win one you have to state what you are not going to do, why you are not going to do it and why you are the best person to not do it. I cracked up and immediately sent it to my unemployed sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a hoot! I bet they got a lot of applicants.

      Delete