Thursday, August 27, 2020

A Little Church Humor

Why Go to Church?
One Sunday morning, a mother went in to wake her son and tell him it was time to get ready for church, to which he replied, "I'm not going."
"Why not?" she asked.
I'll give you two good reasons," he said. "(1), they don't like me, and (2), I don't like them."
His mother replied, "I'll give you two good reasons why you SHOULD go to church: (1) You're 49 years old, and (2) you're the pastor!"
The Picnic
A Jewish Rabbi and a Catholic Priest met at the town's annual 4th of July picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter.
"This baked ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. "You really ought to try it. I know it's against your religion, but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing. You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia Baked Ham. Tell me, Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?"
The rabbi looked at the priest with a big grin, and said, "At your wedding."
The Best Way to Pray
A priest, a minister and a guru sat discussing the best positions for prayer, while a telephone repairman worked nearby.
"Kneeling is definitely the best way to pray," the priest said.
"No," said the minister. "I get the best results standing with my hands outstretched to Heaven."
"You're both wrong," the guru said. "The most effective prayer position is lying down on the floor."
The repairman could contain himself no longer. "Hey, fellas," he interrupted. "The best prayin' I ever did was when I was hangin' upside down from a telephone pole."
Five years ago today: How To Plank

8 comments:

  1. Great jokes, Kathy. I like them. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face toay. I liked each one but the first one actually made me giggle. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. I hear my childhood and my dad always having a priest/rabbi/minister joke at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🤣 Thanks, I needed these laughs!! 🤣 The first one is best lol! 🤣 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started laughing at #1, it brought a smile to my face. Then, "the best way to pray" did the trick"...thanks for the laughs. Just what I needed to end the night!

    ReplyDelete