Sunday, August 2, 2020

It's A Ruby Kind Of Day

As in a wedding anniversary. Forty years ago Hubby Tony and I said I Do and started our life together.

Right after last year's anniversary we started discussing how we would celebrate such a big event. We threw out different destinations for a trip, and made some tentative decisions. This year, about the time we would have contacted the travel agent, the world went into its COVID free fall and we were glad that we hadn't put a deposits down on anything.

I'm hopeful that eventually we'll be able to travel, but in the meantime our special weekend was quite low key. Friday we journeyed to Meramec Caverns. Yesterday we took in an exhibit about the impact of local women and the suffragist movement at the Missouri History Museum. Later in the day, during Mass the priest called us to the front and gave us an anniversary blessing. We went out for good Italian food and then a dessert of frozen custard before heading home.

This morning we hiked on a trail at a park near our house. Tony cooked dinner, and afterwards we had a family Zoom call, with the entire family together on one screen. It was good to see everyone and catch up.

What would a big event be without presents? For a long time I was at a loss as to what to get Tony, but an online search led to some great ideas, and I put this memento together:


Each line is a different font. An inspiration piece I found online had some bird on a wire silhouettes at the bottom, but I substituted the tiny cat clip art, which I thought more reflected us. (Don't you love how their tails turn into a heart?) I added our names, printed it out, and placed it in a frame.

Five years ago today: A Sunday Story

15 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a good celebration in spite of the new world we now live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All in all, it was a great way to celebrate.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary too you and Tony! I hope you have many more happy blessed years together.

    Wishing you all the best . . . Stay Safe, my friend! Keep on taking good care of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Tony and Kathy! Beautiful gift. You must've been a child bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Tony during my college years, and had one more year to go when we got married.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary. Wishing you many more years of happiness , good health and whatever you desire.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Love that framed inspiration. Here's to Many happy years ahead for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did make a great celebration of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that momento of your days, weeks and hours together. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete