Sunday, June 21, 2020

Rockery

Since today was Father's Day I let Hubby Tony plan the activities. We slept in, then ate breakfast and read the entire newspaper before starting any type of chores. After the dishes were cleaned up Tony said he wanted to take a walk before the weather got too hot, but instead of traipsing through the immediate neighborhood again he wanted something different. We talked about some locations, then decided to drive 15 minutes to the east, to a neighborhood of cute brick bungalows with a greenway trail in the middle of it.

We were halfway to our destination when I had an inspiration to kill two birds with one stone. Grandsons Dee and Ell are turning one year old this week. (How did the time fly by so fast?!?). Tony and I decided that we would not fly out to California for the big celebration, so we needed to purchase and get birthday presents mailed out. I asked Tony to check on the hours of a small bookstore that was an additional five minutes to the east, also located in a nice walkable area. After he Googled and found out the information we changed our plans.

Sadly, the bookstore ended up being closed, with a sign on the door indicating it was still order online/pick up in parking lot. (This isn't the first time recently that Google's been wrong. I need to remember to check the business website for the most up to date information.) We still got our walk in, and along the way I saw this rock "garden":


Next to the heart there was a bucket that contained clean white rocks, and a sign that said:


I thought about taking a rock, but since I don't know the next time I'll be in the area I decided to leave them for other people. I thought it was a great creative idea, though.

Five years ago today: Celebrations All Around At Our House!

19 comments:

  1. Yes, that's a super fun creative idea with the rocks. A bit of smiles, that is. Happy Father's Day to your hubby, Tony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass on your thoughts to Tony :-)

      Delete
    2. Groovy! Hope you guys are having a great week.

      Delete
  2. That's such a coincidence! I've been setting up something similar to that "rock garden," just getting started with my idea. I wish our little used book shops could open up again, I miss looking through the history sections. Happy end-of-the-day father's day to Tony! I look forward to your walking and riding adventures! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing better than a bookstore, is there? Especially when it has some 'character'.

      Delete
  3. I love this. I have a little painted rock garden I started by my mailbox. Maybe I'll provide some blanks and invite people to add. I've been hoping to get enough to tell people to take one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do get around to having rocks available, make sure you let people know :-)

      Delete
  4. That was a lovely Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, rock painting is a big deal in my city. But with them, they leave them in parks, along walkways, etc. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really great spin on the Kindness Rocks project. I bet it was fun to stumble on it, I would have stood there reading all the messages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about Kindness Rocks...I would bet that's where the person came up with the idea.

      Delete
  7. What a lovely idea! Our library gave out pet rock kits last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....I haven't thought about Pet Rocks in decades!

      Delete
  8. That is a super idea for involvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the person gets an overwhelming response.

      Delete