Monday, June 15, 2020

Describes Me To A T

Son Brian recently took a few days off work, and he asked if I would be interested in a daily Zoom meeting with him and Grandson Jay (to replace the ones Jay had with his preschool class before it ended for the year). Of course I jumped at the chance.

Each meeting lasted approximately 30 minutes. We would talk about our days, Jay would show me his latest bock/craft/drawing project, and would I read him a story or two. One day I had a matching activity, and a couple of days I carried my laptop into Hubby Tony's office so Jay could say hello to Grandpa.

Before our first meeting I went to the dollar store and bought a pack of crayons. I had hoped to also get an adult coloring book, but there were none available so I came home and printed some pages off the internet. One of them had this quote by Alain Schweitzer:

Just Color
I really enjoy listening to music, and if you've been reading here any time at all you know I'm a fanatic cat mom.

Five years ago today: Hoopla And Hoop Blah

12 comments:

  1. Perfect page for you! Nice bonding time with grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm not as lucky as you to be able to have grandchildren in person, so I have to do what I can.

      Delete
  3. It's good that you are able to connect with your grandson, whatever means possible. Our granddaughter facetimes her grandfather almost every day to show him what she is doing, mainly with her slime production. Our daughter says that Leeya and Terry share the same sense of humor and so get along perfectly with this type of communication. Leeya ends almost every conversation with, "don't worry, Grampa, I'll be back tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope as the other 'grands' get older I'll be able to do the same thing with them. How wonderful that Leeya and Terry are making connections (and memories).

      Delete
    2. We have laughed that in 50 years she may remember this as a high point for the pandemic experience.

      Delete
  4. I don't FaceTime often enough. I must be better.

    I had adult coloring books, high quality colored pencils set, a whole set up, and for the life of me, I just can't connect with it. I guess I haven't been quarantined long enough yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over the years coloring books have helped me get through quite a few boring meetings :-)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to Zoom in on your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cats, books and coffee, but i also love music. I can escape into it and find a genre and artist to fit my every mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not many types of music I DON'T care for.

      Delete