Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Time Change Woes

So far I've had little benefit from 'springing forward' to Daylight Savings Time. It was nice to have more sunlight on Sunday night, but yesterday and today have been wet and dreary; when my alarm went off in the morning it was so dark it could have been mid-January. (And the storm didn't help.)


The time change usually doesn't bother me, but yesterday I walked around in a foggy haze. Today was a little bit better, but my energy level was still low and I didn't get around to most of the items on my To Do list.

The time change also seemed to confuse Jackson the cat. He wakes Hubby Tony up every morning for his breakfast. He's so predictable that Tony rarely sets an alarm. Yesterday they both got moving 45 minutes later than normal, causing Tony to scramble to get out the door in time.


Today the sun was behind the clouds again, and after dinner it was almost as dark as it would have been before the time change. However, the forecast says that the sun may be coming out tomorrow, which should go a far way towards showcasing the new time changes.

8 comments:

  1. Ummm, very interesting. Sounds like you were writing about ME instead of YOU! I can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Hope things are getting better for you.

      Delete
  2. It is so dark in the mornings now that we aren't waking and getting out of bed until 6:30. Ridiculous. On the other end, though, I am headed to bed at 8 to sit and read for about 45 minutes before snuggling down and going to sleep. It seems that the time change has made me sleepier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same issue with tiredness, but my body seems to be adjusting itself.

      Delete
  3. I think I have adjusted. There was some place that will be sticking with DST from now on. British Columbia in Canada I think it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that it's light longer, but in general I would prefer if we did away with daylight savings time. Individual states have, but that just makes it more difficult for those of us with family in many different time zones, I really wish we'd do it as a country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the morning dark. I was used to the dark in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly need this new time to improve.

    ReplyDelete