Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A Very Red Sign Of Spring

Way back in January I popped into a shoe store, where on the clearance rack a pair of bright red canvas sneakers was waiting for me to try them on. They were very comfortable.  Even though they would be inappropriate for the cold, wet winter weather that would drag on for months their price was right (and I even had a birthday swag coupon for an additional five dollars off). The shoes came home with me.

Those shoes got boxed up and moved to the new condo, where they sat on the shelf until yesterday. As I was getting to leave the house I checked the forecast and saw that the temperatures were pretty spring-like, so the bright red canvas sneakers went out for their first adventure.

It was only running errands, so the bright red canvas sneakers might have been a little disappointed. I wasn't though. Even though the trip was mundane, every time I looked down at my new shoes it made me think of all the nice weather that will be coming.


Five years ago today: National Grammar Day

13 comments:

  1. I bet you had a Spring in your step all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome spring! They look smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm excited that spring is just about here.

      Delete
  3. Red sneaks are important. When I had that stroke and lost all my nouns, I made my daughters produce a pen and paper, which I carefully drew for them. The very first thing in the little notebook is the word red and a picture of those same red sneakers. I had to have them, and they lived on several windowsills until I wore them home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful red shoes. I am very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you like colorful accessories. Bet if you tried hard you could find something similar.

      Delete
  5. Bright red sneakers would make me smile every time I saw them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too too cute! I can just imagine you smiling every time you looked down at your feet. I'm smiling with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our shoe shop advertised a 50% off sale. They were selling one shoe at a time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when seeing a pair of cute sneakers, brings a smile.

    ReplyDelete