Sunday, March 22, 2020

I Am A Cat And I Sleep Wherever I Want

After we got up today Hubby Tony stripped the bed and I threw the sheets into the laundry. When they were clean and dry I carried them back into the bedroom, and I saw that Jackson the Cat had claimed the bed for his morning nap. I knew that Jackson would get up when it was time for his midday meal, so I folded the sheets and laid them on the dresser for later.

At the appropriate time I fed Jackson, but then I forgot the job waiting for me in the bedroom. By the time I got back there 45 minutes later Jackson was curled up on the top left corner of the mattress. I wanted to get the job done, so I figured that if I started the making process Jackson would get annoyed and leave.  I started by putting on three of the four fitted sheet corners. No response from the cat. I put the flat sheet on top of the fitted, tucked the bottom edge in, and added hospital corners. Still nothing. I added the blanket on top of the sheets, repeating the tucking in and cornering process. The cat woke up enough to give me the stink eye. Finally, I threw the bedspread over everything and shoved the bottom end between the mattress and footboard. I could tell Jackson was annoyed, but not annoyed enough to move.

I was here first!
I decided to capture the moment to send a text to the family. Just as I hit the Send button Jackson got up, stretched, and moved. Not enough, though.

Extra layers of bedding mean extra padding, right?

It took two hours until Jackson decided to get up. When I heard him move. I quickly swooped in and finished the bed. Jackson took the change in stride and settled in for his next nap in the spare bedroom.

Five years ago today: The $2.00 Bill I Tried To Spend

13 comments:

  1. Jackson is a very smart cat, and I think since I'm stuck at home, I'm going to aspire to be just like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to stay somewhat active, but the weather is conspiring against me.

      Delete
  2. You sound just like us with the cats around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. We have this but with dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading the same thing from my dog-owning Facebook friends.

      Delete
  4. My cat is a long long hair. I've never let him sleep anywhere on my bed except on a blanket I put at the end. It's my solution to spitting out cat hair. Which I still do, occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had thought of that idea years ago. However, Jackson's too old to learn new habits now.

      Delete
  5. Persia agrees with him 100%. She is loving having us home all this time. We've been in a pretty heavy self isolation since the 18th (Himself's cancer treatment pushed up his risk index). So thankful for WalMart online ordering and Sam's early bird (too darn early) senior shopping time. They are serious about it too. Ran off some 'rules don't apply to me people'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to get up early enough to take advantage of the senior shopping opportunities. I understand that a some stores they're so heavily used, though, that it's actually safer to shop in the middle of the day.

      Delete