Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Cat's Bedtime Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice,
And some cushions, soft and nice.
For grocery bags where I can hide,
Just like a tiger, crouched inside!

I pray for gourmet kitty snacks,
And someone nice to scratch my back.
For window sills all warm and bright,
And shadows to explore at night.

I pray I'll always stay real cool,
And keep the secret feline rule.
To NEVER tell the humans that,
This world is really ruled by cats!

Author Unknown

Five years ago today: Scrub-A-Dub-Dub

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lokesh, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Our world here in Zody land is ruled by cats, many cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Interesting. The poem was new to me; is it well known?

      Delete
  4. That's so funny. Cats.
    What would a dog poem be like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to know that if you search the Internet you can find the canine version :-)

      Delete
  5. Are your short friends gearing up for the move?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy I just lover this, would you mind if I shared on my new books launch page "The Cat Who Said His Bedtime Prayers" on Facebook! I will add your blog address as well!

    ReplyDelete