Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Fix

My recent car issue (a blinking 'D' light on the Drive Indicator) turned out to be a transmission sensor. The shop had to order the part, which will be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday. When it arrives they'll let me know. Until then, the mechanic said I could drive the car without any issues.

That's easier said than done for me. Any type of dashboard light sends me into a tizzy. Even though I logically know there's not a problem, any time I look down and see something flashing I get anxious. Illogical, but that's the way it is.

I have too much to do to go car-less for the next few days. Hubby Tony suggested I could cover up the Drive light with a piece of tape. I thought that was a great idea, but went one step further and found a bird sticker, which also adds a bit of Spring to the dashboard.

Before and after
Five years ago today: Happy Or Sad?

10 comments:

  1. Excellent. I remember downsizing a post it. Not nearly so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stuck pieces of tape on all the blinking lights on the dash board. It works! The garage suggested they disconnect all the lights instead of having pieces of tape on the dashboard. They'll do that when I take the car in next week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's clever! I tried electrical then duct tape over the three lights on, on my dash, but it fell off at some point. I hope my car issues are just a sensor too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your issues are sensor-related, too!

      Delete
  4. We had a transmission light go on in our last car. Took it to the place we usually go for repairs and they quoted us $3500 for a new transmission. Took it to the dealer for a second opinion and it was a $50 part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I hope the mechanic was just having a bad day and there's nothing shady about your estimate.

      Delete