Sunday, April 14, 2019

It's Spring, Dagnabbit!

Last week the temperatures reached 80°, so I opened up the house and enjoyed the fresh air and sounds of nature. But Winter has decided it wasn't quite ready to leave. Last night a big cold front and rainstorm came though, so I closed up the house and turned the furnace back on. This morning when it was time to leave for church the temperature was a chilly 37°, and my phone app told me it actually felt like 32°.

However, it's almost the middle of April, and after my first taste of springy clothes I had no desire to go back to dark colors and heavy leather shoes. I dug around in my closet and found a pair of light-colored pants, which I paired with a long sleeved tee shirt and an ecru sweater with lace insets.


I even went out on a limb and wore a pair of spring shoes. They might be leather, but they're covered with tiny perforations.


When I got out of the car at church, I noticed there were a few sleet pellets mixed in with the rain. A couple of them managed to fall through the holes in the shoes (and I started regretting my decision), but that just made me hustle into the building a little faster than normal.

Five years ago today: Bloomin' Delicious

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I just bought it for a song at an end-of-the-season sale. Didn't know I'd have a use for it so quickly.

      Delete
  2. Spring is like that, on and off, a bit of a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com) /whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete