Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Soggy Soles

Over the weekend I stopped by an estate sale and left with a pair of barely worn canvas mule tennis shoes. (It was the second day of the sale, and everything was half priced. My purchase only set me back a dollar. Such a deal!) The comfortable bright pink shoes had laces like a normal pair, but because they didn't have a back it was easy to just slide them on. They also had a nicely cushioned footbed and decent arch support.


Before I wore the shoes, I threw them in the washer and set them in the sun to dry. At the end of the day I brought the shoes inside and placed them in the closet.

Today I was meeting a friend for tea and a chat. The weather was spring-like, and I decided to wear my new sneaks. I put them on right before I left the house, walked into the garage, and sat down in the car. The stop lights were all going my way. When I realized I was going to be a little early to my friend's house, I decided to stop at a grocery store along the way and use the rest room.

As I entered the store I realized that my shoes felt funny, but didn't think anything of it. However, on the way out of the store I realized that they felt wet. And by the time I got to my car I was squishing! Those soft, padded footbeds really held the water. By the time I got to my destination my feet were pretty miserable.

I saw that my friend was going barefoot, so I slipped my shoes off and put them in a patch of sun on her back deck. Two and a half hours later when I left they were pretty much dry, and my trip home was much more comfortable.

Five years ago today: Humm....us

7 comments:

  1. The shop said 50% off all shoes. I went in to buy some. They sold me only one shoe!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are CUTE!! And what a deal. Glad they dried out for you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, the price was certainly right.

      Delete
  3. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com) /whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete