Thursday, April 11, 2019

Veggie Dog

Yesterday Christine wrote about trying the new IKEA vegetarian hot dog. I didn't know that such a thing existed, but filed her information away for future reference.  Much to my surprise, today I ended up with some jobs that took me right next to the store. Of course I had to check out their veggie dog! After my jobs were finished I drove into the huge IKEA lot, which was very empty at lunchtime on Thursday.

The dogs are served at the Bistro area next to the checkouts. When the associate took my order, she asked if I wanted it topped as it was in the photo with spicy mustard, pickled red cabbage, and roasted onions. I did.


The veggie dog is made with a mix of kale, red lentils, carrots, and ginger. It was more like a cylindrical veggie patty, with no casing like a traditional hot dog. But it was good. The toppings gave it a nice crunch. The sandwich was on the small size, so I was happy I had some vegetables and fruit with me in the car to supplement it.

Five years ago today: Who Wants To Dance?

10 comments:

  1. I think a veggie hot dog would be far preferable to a "real" hot dog. I've never encountered a veggie hamburger I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds tasty, and a lot healthier than the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made veggie hot dogs for the grandkids this week. They went over much better than the veggie burgers I also made. I love veggie burgers but hate veggie hot dogs. I'm sending the rest of the hot dogs home with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the kids (and your daughter) will be grateful.

      Delete
  4. I don't eat real hot dogs as they are disgusting. I've never had a veggie hot dog, however. If I see them at our Costco I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us. email us at (fastloanoffer34@gmail.com) /whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete