Sunday, December 20, 2015

Hostess Herbs

Every day from December 1st until Christmas I'm hanging an ornament in an outside public place as a Random Act of Christmas Cheer.


This afternoon I've been invited to a holiday brunch.  I wanted to bring the hostess a thank you gift but I know she's trying to eat healthy, so a box of candy or a traditional Christmas sweet didn't seem appropriate.  I was looking around at a store that specializes in natural and organic groceries, where I found a potted 'holiday bouquet' that contains small rosemary, sage, and thyme plants.  It seemed perfect; my friend can either use it as a house plant or in her cooking.

On the way out of the store's parking lot I hung the day's ornament on the tree next to my car.

Five years ago today: A (Very) Short History of Christmas

2 comments:

  1. I find myself doing the same, being obliged to bring healthy treats as gifts, I wonder how this will affect the chocolate industry. I packed a jar of homemade pickles to a friend's last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on the amount of chocolate I've seen for sale I don't think that industry is in any trouble :-) I like your idea of homemade gifts.

      Delete