Monday, February 2, 2009

Chuck It

I had a pair of 3D glasses left over from yesterday (when I used them to watch the Monsters vs Aliens and SoBe commercials during the Super Bowl). I decided to use them again tonight when I watched the TV show Chuck in 3D.

I've never watched Chuck, so I needed to find out a little bit about it. According to Wikipedia:
the series is about an "average computer-whiz-next-door" who receives an encoded e-mail from an old college friend now working in the CIA; the message embeds the only remaining copy of the world's greatest spy secrets into Chuck's brain.
Each episode is about Chuck's adventures as uses his knowledge to help the government and thwart the enemy. In tonight's show, Chuck ends up being a bodyguard for a rock star who would rather party than hide from an assassin. There was also a subplot that revolved around a new employee at Buy More, the store where Chuck works.

The show was moderately funny, but 3D part was underwhelming, more of a gimmick than anything else. I shared my glasses with Tony, so I ended up using them for half of the hour. Without the glasses, there were fuzzy edges around objects on the screen that I assume would have been in 3D with the glasses on. However, that's much better than I remember old 3D movies; they were pretty much unwatchable without glasses.

1 comment:

  1. My sister watches Chuck, and I started really enjoying it just before Christmas. Last night's episode was not one of their best, but maybe I would have had a different perspective if I had had 3D glasses. :)

    ReplyDelete