Thursday, February 29, 2024

Mid-Winter Break Adventure-Part 2

After Hubby and I flew into San Jose airport on Thursday we picked up a rental car to visit Son Tony and family, who live in Modesto in the Central Valley. Tony had reserved a standard vehicle but when we had a chance for a free upgrade we jumped on it. Our ride for the weekend was a sporty black Mustang:

The trip east across the Altamont Pass was during evening rush hour. The traffic added almost an extra hour to our trip and made me glad I don’t have to do it on a regular basis.

We had learned a week before our visit that DIL Ie would be leaving for a long-planned girl’s weekend. Hubby Tony and I got to see her in the evening when we arrived and again before she left in the morning; then we got to help Son Tony with taking care of Grands Gee, Evee, and Ian.

Next time Ian will be part of the pack, too.
In addition to hanging out, there were trips to a children’s museum and the park, and lots of baby and toddler cuddling by Grandma and Grandpa. All too soon it was Sunday morning and time to pack up the car and head back over the mountains for the next part of our trip.

Sunday’s westward trip over the mountains was much smoother than Thursday’s. We returned the car to the San Jose airport and walked over to the waiting area to get a ride from Son Brian. Back at Brian’s house we had lunch, then I left with DIL Nicole for some pampering time at a nail salon. 

Wannapik

When we arrived back home Hubby Tony was in the middle of a board game with Grandsons Jay, Dee, and Ell. The rest of the afternoon and evening was uneventful. Everyone went to bed early because we had to get up early to start our joint adventure.

To be continued (again)……..

9 comments:

  1. California traffic is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the illustration of nail salon activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to spend quality time with the grandkids and also go for some pampering at the nail salon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last time I was in Modesto was Christmas Day evening 2002 - I was dropping off my son at his best friend’s house. They had driven up from Long Beach. As I was driving back home to San Mateo is when I heard about a missing pregnant woman. Turns out it was Lacey Peterson.
    It also was the last time I saw my son alive. He died May 2003.

    Anyway sounds like a nice time with the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I can't wait to find out what you did next.....

    ReplyDelete