Saturday, June 10, 2023

Kindness Beneficiary

I try to be a kind person, do the right thing, and pay it forward on a regular basis. Today I was on the receiving end. It felt good.

Hubby Tony and I were out for a walk. Along the way we popped into Walgreens for a couple of things. At the register Tony entered the phone number for the loyalty program. The bill came to $5.39. Just as Tony was preparing to tap his charge card, the cashier announced there was a $5 credit on the loyalty account.

She asked if Tony would like to use it. He said he would.

All of a sudden the bill was down to 39 cents, and the cashier said she would take care of it. There were several coins on top of the register. She reached down and took out two quarters. After the transaction was completed she returned the 11 cents change back to the pile.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, you can't beat that. What a wonderful employee, she could have done nothing. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind moment you shared, and then you shared it here with us. Last Sunday our pastor gave a sermon on Kindness. I told a friend, there is never too much kindness. We can all up our game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've put less than a dollar on my credit card like that because they ask me if I want to use my loyalty credits after the credit card was entered. The card processing costs more than what I paid.

    And I have to say that the employees at Walgreens are nice. So the other day when I got one that was obviously having a bad day and showed it, I was really surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a couple of times I've charged just a fraction of a dollar. Mostly at places that are cash-free.

      I agree with you about the Walgreens employees. There is one who I suspect is on the autism spectrum, because his interactions seem forced.

      Delete
  4. It truly is the little kindnesses that matter. This was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, people tend to remember little unexpected things.

      Delete
  5. When you least expect it .... sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right; the unexpectedness made it extra-special.

      Delete
  6. Acts of kindness, no matter where or when, are inspiring, but I have to admit that seeing it from the younger generation also gives me hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect most people become more thoughtful as they age.

      Delete
  7. A great kindness story. Even something as small as 39 cents can bring a smile to your face knowing the kind and thoughtful gesture is what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed. I do like to be on the receiving end but I get a lot more joy out of giving away some kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful story Kathy. Kindness is underrated. Kindness is a powerful weapon and a very valuable gift. Namaste Peggy xxx

    ReplyDelete