Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Be More Like Labs

Earlier today, Karen at Baking in a Tornado left a comment on my last post 

"Hmmm, a black, a brown, and a white chicken coexisting peacefully (OK, mostly peacefully), how we humans could learn a lesson from them . . ."

Reading her words, I immediately thought of the meme that occasionally makes the rounds. It shows a group of Labrador Retrievers (black, chocolate, white, and yellow) posing for the camera. The wording suggests the dogs can coexist and suggests that humans do the same thing.

That's an excellent idea.

iFunny

20 comments:

  1. I love Labs - I have a black lab and she's a LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago, when the bigots first started taking to the streets, loud and proud with their anti Black Lives Matter hatred, I posted to my FB page: "If you were blind, how would you know who to hate?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that one. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well labs don't coexist that well with a lot of things, like cats, some of them at least are pretty tough on cats. I find It so odd that people are picky about a cats color. I would look more at personality, sex and age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if lab's negative interactions with cats is instinctual? It's been so long since we picked out cats, but I agree that the last three items on your list are the most important. Its color/markings would be more of a tiebreaker.

      Delete
  5. If only we could be more enlightened...Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the caption possibilities! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be a wonderful world if that would be the case. Labs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every Lab I've known has been a great dog to be around.

      Delete
  8. Be more like Labs in every way!

    ReplyDelete