Monday, January 9, 2023

Clean Off Your Desk (Or Something Else) Day

Today was yet another "day".

Boynton

I can't usually say this, but today my desk was in good shape and didn't need a cleaning. I tidied it just before Hubby Tony and I left for our trip, and we've only been back for two days. I haven't had time to re-clutter it yet. 

However, the kitchen island, my alternative landing spot for clutter, was a mess. There was a gift bag holding a Christmas present from a downstairs neighbor that the cat sitter brought in while we were gone, a pile of papers, some of yesterday's mail, a couple of grocery store receipts, and some coupons.

I checked with Google and didn't see a 'holiday' for cleaning off a kitchen island, so I decided to substitute that surface for the one in the office. It took me ten minutes to get the miscellany put where it belonged. When I was done the top of the island was pristine.

Five years ago today: Sound Off

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm so jelly. My kitchen bench is currently covered. Though I tell you, waking to a pristine island, that's the stuff dreams are made of. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case it doesn't happen often, and it DOES feel good.

      Delete
  2. "the island was pristine" Bragger! I don't think there's a flat surface in our house that isn't covered with "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't last long. By the end of the day stuff had started to creep back on.

      Delete
  3. I like tidying up. My wife does it so well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have ggod intentions at the beginningof each month, but by end of month, my desk is a collection of stuff. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you choose to do something, you're passing on doing something else.

      Delete
  5. I pick up and put away "stuff" every day as I cannot stand to have anything on table tops, desktops, countertops. Terry, on the other hand, is a "piler." He piles papers and books all the time so I allow him one shelf in the living room, his own desk and area in the office, and his nightstand. Otherwise, if he leaves things on other surfaces, I move them to those designated areas. I housesat for a woman who threw nothing away and piled things everywhere, on top of other piles. I could not find a place to just sit and eat a meal or sit and work. It took me a whole day to get things "kind" of moved as there just wasn't any available space. I couldn't close windows because I couldn't get close enough to do so! That kind of lifestyle just makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm probably closer to you than Terry, but when I get busy things get out of control. Clutter drives me crazy, too.

      Delete