Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Creative Dreams

My horoscope for today said:

You could have some intense dreams tonight, Capricorn. You might find that they bring inspiration for creative projects, perhaps for redecorating or otherwise beautifying your home. You could feel energetic now and want to charge ahead and work on your project until you drop. Take care to pace yourself. You might tire to the point of feeling ill.

I can only hope that I sleep soundly enough tonight to dream. Last night I drank some caffeinated tea too close to bedtime. I spent a couple of hours tossing and turning before the caffeine wore off and I drifted off to slumber land. 

The idea of a creative project sounds appealing, because it's been a while since I've tackled anything original. The sultry, humid weather really saps my desire to do anything over and above the minimum, and my inventiveness has been limited to figuring out what to cook for dinner. However, there are certainly projects I could take on. For example:

  • I can't find a coffee table the right size for the living room, so maybe that's where my creative thoughts could go. I'm also on the hunt for ingenious ideas for extra storage; Hubby Tony and I actually had a conversation last week about how we could make the pantry work better for us.
  • With a whole lot less work I could buy some flowers and make an arrangement for the kitchen island. I could get around to printing out some photos and put them into frames. Even though it still feels like summer I could get out fall decorations.

Now that I'm thinking about the possibilities I can't wait to see what direction my dreams lead me!

13 comments:

  1. Isn't it about time to start Christmas shopping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or at least start to try and find out what the grandkids want.

      Delete
  2. My wife blames me about the way I behave in her dreams.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are a very strange thing! I have some whacko ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that my whacko ones are the most memorable.

      Delete
  4. I told the boys they could help me put out fall decorations when it cools off. Hasn't happened this week so far. Maybe next. Looking forward to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it when temptation overcomes me and I drink caffeine too late in the day. I know that feeling, of not being able to sleep well until it wears off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was particularly annoying because I have drank this particular tea after dinner before with no ill effects.

      Delete
  6. I'm having such a hard time staying asleep. I'm sorry you're having such hot weather.

    ReplyDelete