Sunday, April 10, 2022

Ten Times Ten

Today is the 100th day of the year. I spent some time finding different ways to celebrate it.

  • The day started out chilly, and when I left the house at 10:00 to make a Costco run and before church I put on a lightweight jacket. By the time I came out of church a couple of hours later it was warm enough to ditch the jacket. By mid-afternoon I had traded my jeans for shorts. The first pair I grabbed from the drawer fit back in the fall, but today I could only get the zipper up halfway.  After dinner, I measured out one cup (100 calories) worth of grapes for dessert.
  • I've been trying to increase my balance by standing on one leg. My personal best is about 20 seconds, but I set a timer for 100 seconds and alternated from right to left leg until the timer went off.
  • I checked in on the Doomsday Clock, which is still set at 100 seconds.
  • I cranked up the song "100 Days, 100 Nights" by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings and danced around the room.

Five years ago today: Raise A Glass

13 comments:

  1. Well, I had to do the standing on one leg test. I figured out I had to get up to do this test. Bummer. 17 seconds on my left leg. 28 seconds on my right leg. Getting to 100 seconds would take a LOT of practice.

    Which reminds me of another true story. To work at the phone company in outside plant, you had to pass a balance test of standing on the narrow side of a 2x4 on your toes for 30 seconds. I don't know if they still require that or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing the phone company balance test was because you were standing on a lot of very narrow things while working?

      Delete
    2. Like ladder rungs for an extended period of time.

      Delete
  2. Seems longer than 100 days since the year turned over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it does. Other times I can't believe it's just turned over to the second quarter.

      Delete
  3. Happy 100th day, Now if I could only eat 100 calorie snacks. LOL I am off to try the balance test. I suspect I will fail miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember teaching gr. 1 and we always celebrated the 100th school day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cranking up the music and dancing while I work in the kitchen. I also sing at the top of my lungs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we live in a communal building I try to limit my horrible-sounding voice to my car :-)

      Delete