Saturday, July 11, 2020

Not So Traditionally Chinese

Like we do most Saturdays, tonight Hubby Tony and I went to church. Before we left the parking lot Tony called a Chinese restaurant close to the house and ordered (and paid for) dinner. By the time we drove there the food was ready to be picked up. This restaurant has transformed itself from eat-in to carryout only. You call when you arrive on the parking lot and the bring the order out to you. It only took a minute until we were back on the road, and five more till we were home.

I got out plates and bowls while Tony prepared drinks. When everything was on the table I took the food out of the bag. The Hot and Sour soup came in a Styrofoam container with a lid, and the order of Moo Shu Vegetables was in a typical takeout container. There was a small lidded container of plum sauce. And a clear plastic bag of something that looked more like tortillas than the Chinese pancakes I was expecting.

Ready to sauce, fold, and eat
Even if the wrapping wasn't what I expected, the combination of mixed vegetables, wood ear mushrooms, bamboo shoots, cabbage, green onion, and sweet sweet plum sauce was darn good.

Five years ago today: It’s About Watching Cat Videos Together

4 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed, you have adjusted well to covid times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Take out has saved many restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love plum sauce. I've probably eaten out more with covid shutdowns than I did before, by using regular restaurants new take out. The pick up here is just like you described, you call once there and they bring it out to you in a bag. Restaurants have become so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often get plum sauce, and it was a nice change of pace.

      Delete