Saturday, July 18, 2020

Just Like That The Day Was Filled Up

As I was telling you yesterday, thanks to a little luck I had today completely to myself. Before I went to bed I mulled over the plethora of options I had for filling up the day.

The one thing I knew I would do was leave the house, but that proved to be difficult. My work shift was cancelled due to the extreme heat advisory, so in my mind any outdoor activity was out. The indoor cultural facilities now have all limited visitor capacity. Those that offered a reservation system were already full, and I stood a chance of waiting for an opening outside at the ones that were operating on a first come first served system, which didn't sound particularly attractive. Nor did the idea of going to the mall, or a movie theater. So what did I do?
  • For the first time in three months I secretly shopped--two places, including a drive through fast food restaurant that provided lunch. In between the two stops I walked in a large store to get in some steps.
  • I came home and did paperwork, then checked the websites for the two churches I regularly attend mass at. Both have limited capacity. One requires an actual reservation, and the other one asks that you sign up ahead of time for contact tracing purposes. Both had openings for tonight, but I chose the one that started at 4:00 (the other one was an hour later) and added my name to the list.
  • Since my lunch hadn't been particularly healthy, before I left for church I put together a main-dish soup for dinner.
  • On the way home after church I stopped into a big box home decor store and walked the aisles for more exercise. I came home and heated up my dinner, then sat at the table and read a book while I ate.
  • Even though Sunday is Hubby Tony's night to cook dinner when I found an interesting-sounding recipe in the newspaper I decided to take care of it this week. That required a trip to the grocery store for a couple of things we didn't have on hand. While I was there I got the last of my steps in.
  • As the evening wore down I turned on the TV for some mindless background entertainment and fiddled on my laptop until Jackson the cat reminded me it was time for his last meal of the day...and my bedtime.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like what some of my days are like... except the cat turns out to be hubby lol. Stay safe and well, Kathy! (I do steps, too, but the app has begun draining the charge from my phone lately, so I just walk as much as possible.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My (older) phone started having battery issues, as well as other problems. Since it was geriatric in phone terms I got a new one. Issue solved.

      Delete