Monday, May 27, 2019

Vintage And Adjunct Vintage

This morning Hubby Tony and I attended the Cherokee Caravan, an outdoor antique sale/flea market/ craft show in the historic Antique District.


This is only the second year for this version of the Caravan, which replaced the Gypsy Caravan after it ended in 2017. Six blocks of Cherokee Street were closed off to make room for the vendor tents, food booths, food trucks, and musicians. Some of the stores were also open for business.

We got there about an hour after the event opened. I had fun browsing through actual antiques, vintage items, "old stuff", crafts, and jewelry. At one booth I bought this cute little bud vase:


The copper base looks like a lotus, and holds the glass tube. A copper wire loops around the tube, providing both a handle and support.  I really didn't need it, but I liked the way it looked and it was only a dollar.

My other purchase was not exactly vintage, but something I had been looking for. At a Tupperware dealer booth I ordered new sipper seals for the 30 year-old bell tumblers I still have from my boy's childhoods. Now there's a new generation of children in the family, and I need to be able to give them drinks when they're here.


Five years ago today: Plant Place

14 comments:

  1. Love that cute little bud vase. What are you going to put in it first? A rose? Oh, and the sippy cups are just the thing with little ones around.

    Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will more than likely be a faux flower, because the cats tend to eat real ones.

      Delete
  2. Those tumblers are nostalgic! I remember lids on them, too. And kids fighting over who got the blue or who got the red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I had forgotten the fights! I solved that problem by buying more sets of tumblers :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fun idea, close the street down and browse through the tents and shops.
    Love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing vintage Tupperware always makes my heart and my mouth smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of old Tupperware looks dated, but the bell tumblers haven't changed at all.

      Delete
  5. I adore those street fairs, I can spend hours browsing, but I always feel like I want everything. I have those same tupperware cups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Towards the end of our shopping it started getting hot in the sun...and more than half of the booths had no shade.

      Doesn't everyone have those cups? :-)

      Delete