Friday, May 17, 2019

Given With Love

For Mother's Day I received some lovely roses from Son Brian and Nicole. Hubby Tony took me to the garden shop, where he paid for all the annuals I selected for the garden. Son Donald stopped in for a visit. When he asked if there was anything specific I wanted I asked him to buy me a hanging basket for the back yard. I also received a call from Son Tony, who said that he and Ie were busy making cards.

He didn't specify what type of cards they were working on, but two days ago there was a long skinny envelope in the mailbox. Inside was the nicest Mother's Day card I've ever received:


They started with a graphic from a standard greeting card, then attached the graphic to a piece of card stock with photo corners, embellished the card stock with a hand-drawn boarder, and added "buttons" at the top. They really put a lot of work into it!

Five years ago today: Get Hot

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy - gorgeous to have your garden organised ... love fresh plantings. Then the card - how delightful to see ... home-made with love - what a delight ... enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you have a great weekend, too.

      Delete
  2. You were treated well, and deservedly so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It appears that you have a very talented daughter-in-law. That is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's very artistic. And appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Home made cards are the best.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talent with a sense of humor...love it!

    ReplyDelete