Saturday, August 2, 2014

Money Minder

Many years ago a friend gave me a small combination coin purse/wallet/key case.  It was just big enough to hold a license and a couple of credit cards in the top zipper compartment and some folded up bills in the change section.  I decided it was the perfect size and weight for a travel wallet.  Last time I took a trip, though, I noticed the stitching was starting to pull away at the sides.  It was time to start looking for a replacement.

For months I looked around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  Either the wallets were too big, too fancy, or way too expensive.  (I don't travel enough to justify a $40 wallet that I'd only use a couple of times a year.)  One day I was in a shop that was having a sale on Vera Bradley products, and I found what they called a Campus Double ID. It has two ID windows, a coin pocket on the back, and a few credit card slots inside.  I thought it might do for my needs.

The best part?  It was on clearance for only $10.

Five years ago today: Burn, Baby, Burn

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have something very similar but it's purple and brown. I love the small size and use it as my wallet year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to carry too much stuff in my wallet, but I don't think I could use something this small on a regular basis.

      Delete
  2. I have similar to that, but it's brown. I just use it to hold aspirin though. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little plastic pill box to hold my emergency medical stash.

      Delete
  3. A little tip for those, find the sew on velcro and put a sticky side on your license and sew invelcro to the inside. Once those get a little old it, easy for stuff to slide out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience and persistence paid off.

    ReplyDelete