Friday, February 28, 2014

The Random Acts Of Kindness Adventure #4

Today I'm linking up with Betsy for The Random Acts Of Kindness Adventure.

 A couple of days a week I drive home in rush hour traffic.  After more than two years at my job I'm familiar with the sections of the Interstate that bog down.  They don't (usually) bother meWhat does drive me crazy is the exit ramp I have to use when I get off the Interstate.

The exit leads to a major north/south state highway.  It's about a half mile long.  For part of that distance it joins up with the outer road and becomes four lanes wide before each lane splits off to go in a different direction.

The lane I need to be in (to go south) has the most traffic.  During peak times traffic's backed up all the way to the end of the ramp.  Cars from the office buildings located on the outer road are trying to merge across that lane to get on the Interstate.  I don't mind letting them in.

However, every day there are cars that use the far left lane to bypass the jam of traffic, then cut into my lane at the last minute.  THEY annoy me.  I usually cave and begrudgingly let them in.  This week, though, in the interest of performing my random act of kindness I thought positive thoughts about them as I let them go in front of me.

It wasn't easy.

Five years ago today: Dance, Dance, Dance

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I guess that's what these random acts are about.

      Delete
  2. I completely understand. The last minute cutins are so annoying. So are the bullies coming at you on the narrow street who barge full steam ahead. Even though they have lots of room on their side to pull over and you don't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You don't like playing a game of Chicken ? :-)

      Delete
  3. This kindness is a good thing! Hope it helps these people be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a little thing I do will help someone else it's worth it.

      Delete
  4. That's a good random act and one I would have a hard time with too. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I think, if I can let you in, so can someone else. Go ahead, hit my car. Unless they're driving a piece of crap. Then I reconsider. You are nicer than me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder....if more people had your attitude and never let those cars merge in, after a few days would they get the hint and stop doing it?

      Delete
  6. Good for you for letting people in! What I don't like is when I go to merge and those in front of me are going about 60 when the freeway is 80, traffic backs way up on the freeway because people are driving way to slow... crazy making but I just turn up the music and sing like nobody is listening! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea with the music. I might have to try that one!

      Delete
  7. Oh Kathy, this is what drives Art crazy when we're on the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one of my pet peeves about traffic and driving. It would be difficult for me to think good thoughts too as I let them in. Good for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to be positive about it last week; don't know if it would happen on an ongoing basis.

      Delete