Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Other Way Around

You may know that the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel--aka Dr. Seuss--was yesterday (March 2).  Every classroom in the preschool commemorated the day in some way.  Our class actually spread out the celebration over two days, because quite a few of our students don't come on Wednesday.  The theme for the days was "backwards and upside down".  When the lead teacher emailed out the lesson plan to the parents, she encouraged everyone to dress backwards so we could talk about it.

Yesterday I tried to wear one of my logoed work shirts turned around, but it didn't fit correctly and was extremely uncomfortable. I ended up not doing anything, which turned out to be OK. Our classroom had several students out sick and I moved to one of the other rooms, where they weren't observing backwards day.

However, today I was determined to find some way to go along with the lesson plan.  The solution turned out to be folded up in my work bag.  At Christmas one of my coworkers gave me an apron appliquéd with the school logo.  I put the apron on like a cape and tied the strings around my waist in front.  To keep the neck strings from riding up on my neck, I wore a collared shirt and tucked the strings underneath the collar.

My backwards apron was surprising comfortable.  It didn't do a whole lot to keep the front of my shirt clean, but when I sat on the floor, my jeans were protected!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! What an awesome idea to have a backwards day, this shows the children a lot I'd venture to guess... If nothing else that their teacher is a bit nuts! LOL just kidding! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I thought you might serve the kids some green eggs and ham. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete