Monday, May 21, 2012

Time To Eat! Now!!!

funny pictures of cats with captions

During the weekday Hubby Tony always gets up earlier than me. One of the things he does before I roll out of bed is feed the cats.

Last night he had business that took him away from the house, and I went to bed knowing I had cat duty this morning. I had a hard time getting to sleep. First I was too hot and got up to turn on the ceiling fan. Then I was chilly and threw the sheet over my body. I rolled from side to side trying to get comfortable, and kept looking at the clock. Finally, almost an hour after I went to bed I fell asleep. Then I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and had to repeat the falling asleep operation all over again.

When Pepper the cat started the “feed us” process by jumping up on the bed and walking over my legs I was NOT in the mood to oblige. However, he was quite persistent. Soon his brother Jackson started in, too, meowing from the floor right next to the bed. I held out for 15 minutes before I reluctantly gave up and put food in each bowl-Pepper in the bathroom and Jackson in the main level dining room. As I crawled back in bed I heard the first birds starting to sing.

Thank goodness Tony will be home tomorrow morning to take care of the cats!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean except our little dog wakes me first. Always, 6:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...oh, yes, they are persistent! The Mister has cat feeding duty before I get up, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A water gun takes care of that!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they DEMANDING little creatures?? Yet, we get up and do their bidding! Glad you will have Tony back to get to them FIRST! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I have an indoor/outdoor cat. He's always dead asleep on the chair at my bedtime and wakes me about 5:30 to go out.What trained fools we are. Love the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder of why I don't want cats! I find cats to be so demanding, whereas a dog, well they are patient and understanding... mine is anyways and I sure miss her! One more week and I'll be headed for home.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete