Thursday, July 6, 2023

Like-Minded People From Around The World

I've had quite the interesting week, full of new-to-me activities. Hubby Tony and I flew to Albuquerque for a convention. It was one of the biggest meetings I've ever attended, with almost 4,000 people in attendance.

Although there were some optional activities the day before, the event officially opened with a parade. I participated as part of the Missouri contingent. Our group had special t-shirts. I found a clip art of the Arch to make a head band, which I accented with tinsel spikes.

After the parade was over there was time for photos, and then the conference part began. It kept going for two and a half days. There were three 'big' meetings (for all attendees) and dozens of more intimate sessions to choose from, all divided into interest tracks. I'm pleased to say I made some good choices of sessions, and learned something in each one.

Convention attendees wore name tags on red lanyards. No matter where I walked in the blocks around the convention center I would see them, and it turned out to be a great opportunity to strike up a conversation with someone I didn't know. Participants came from around the world, although the vast majority I spoke with were from the United States. I even met some people from my state that I didn't know!

13 comments:

  1. I have some suggestions for interest tracks for the next meeting. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and interesting way to spend a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Albuquerque. Our daughter's college roommate is from there, and returned there after college so we have gone to visit her. Abiquiu is our real favorite, though. It's where Georgia O'Keeffe lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eventually hoping to get back to that part of the country.

      Delete
  4. What a great time, my Brother lived in Albuquerque for a few Years since his First Wife was from there, he always told me I'd of loved it there, they preserve a lot of their Historic buildings and sites. Sadly, Phoenix really didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We especially enjoyed walking on Central, which is what Route 66 is called through the city.

      Delete
  5. Fun. I need no excuse to start up a conversation with a stranger. I can be quite annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a convention! Sounds interesting and horizon widening!

    ReplyDelete