Sunday, July 23, 2023

I Wish!


The older I get, the more I like a regular routine. However, the past seven days have been anything but routine.  In addition to all of the normal commitments, in the past week:

  • Hubby Tony and I filled as volunteer money counters at church. Although we finished up quickly, the job still took a good chunk of the morning.
  • I had to coordinate dropping my car off at the shop for some new tires, and then picking it up the next day.
  • This past week there were three-two Zoom meetings and an in-person one. (Normally, my evening commitments are few and far between.)
  • I had two doctor's appointments.
  • All of Saturday morning and half of the afternoon was devoted to a Day of Reflection for a retreat I'm helping to plan.

Not everything was goal-oriented (but it still filled up the time). 

  • On Sunday I met with a friend for coffee and conversation.
  • On Friday there was a quick break in the  normal heat and humidity, so Tony and I went to the Botanical Garden and then out to eat.

Since I was on the run so much I didn't have a lot of time to clean up after myself, and clutter makes me anxious and irritated. Today I took a good look at the shambles on the kitchen island and in my office and started taking baby steps to whip everything back into shape.

Five years ago: Worth the Drive

22 comments:

  1. I get that for sure. We have house projects both in and outside going on and things can get messy for sure. I like it best when the kitchen is clean, however that doesn't always happen. Happy New Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are rarely 'clean', but if I can see large portions of the island life is good :-)

      Delete
    2. I get that. My table is currently packed. My goal is done by the first of August.

      Delete
  2. "clutter makes me anxious and irritated"
    I could torture you at my house. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no problem overlooking things at other people's places.

      Delete
  3. Hi its my first time on your blog . The cartoon at the beginning gave me a good chuckle because I think I have days like that. I'm finding since I retired that I MUST have a routine or I seemed to waste a good amount of time. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judee, thanks for stopping by! I like my days to have at least some "do nothing" time.

      Off to check out your corner of the internet.

      Delete
  4. Clutter makes me totally nuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm contemplating taking Baby Steps to whip everything back into shape here, it keeps me up at Night actually to be thinking about it rather than actually doing it, since, the heat has drained me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat is another thing that irritates me. Can't do anything about it but stay inside and complain.

      Delete
  6. There's always something to do. I had to visit the doctor three times this week. The poor man is not well and needed company.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is what I have to do this week - clan up the clutter from the last 2 weeks of letting things go. It was so hot outside but for some reason, my brain didn't even want to do heavy cleaning work inside; even with the AC. I just didn't want to exert too much physical activity. We're cooling down to high 90's and so it is time to do some cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it's hot I also have trouble doing anything physical.

      Delete
  8. I hope things slow down a bit for you and you can get caught up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've already made great progress.

      Delete
  9. When schedules pile up, it is easy to get behind with the routine chores. I have really enjoyed my summer months with almost no obligations. This week is a bit busy, what with the grandchildren here. Now that they are teenagers, they are able to entertain themselves and take care of themselves, but I do need to feed them and make sure they follow some sort of schedule. The daily routine has gone out the door and next week there will be much work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy - life goes on doesn't it ... it's good to read your volunteering bit - I'm trying to ease away from mine, but of course taking something else on. All the best to you ... it'll be fine - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stepped back from some of my volunteering, but then other opportunities found me.

      Delete